In this revisited episode of Beyond the Balance Sheet, Naz discusses some of the most memorable family systems she has seen in her career. Worthy Circles works with many affluent families; Naz explains how they give professional recommendations to their families. Tune in as we talk about the needs of advisors during Covid-19 and how Naz’s work significantly impacts the way she manages her own family dynamics.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:50] Naz speaks about some of the most memorable family systems she has seen in her career.
- [14:10] Worthy Circles works with many affluent families; Naz explains how they give professional recommendations to their families.
- [16:15] Advisors have a lot of needs. We speak about the struggles of advisors during Covid.
- [21:30] How Naz’s work impacts the ways that she manages her own family dynamics.
- Professional recommendations will come down to personal connections.
- The industry has been lucky during Covid because most advisors have had more business than they can manage.
- As families increase their wealth, their lives become more complicated.
- We’re seeing clients with needs that aren’t always easily answerable; the more complex your life becomes, the more complex your needs will be.
For the past 20 years, Naz has worked in the family office community, both in Boston and nationwide. She served as a managing director at Family Office Exchange (FOX) for 8 years, overseeing the single-family office, multi-family office, and advisor relationships. From there, she went on to manage the center-of-influence strategy at Ballentine Partners, a multifamily office based in Waltham. In 2015, she created Worthy Circles as a family office club for advisors in the Boston area to meet, network, and share their thought leadership.
Prior to her work in the family office market, Naz worked at the Corporate Executive Board (CEB) in Washington, DC, where she oversaw the firm’s relationships with the financial services sector through programs such as The VIP Forum.
Naz graduated summa cum laude from Middlebury College, where she majored in English, and spent time studying abroad at King’s College London.
She now resides in the Boston suburbs with her husband and two daughters. She manages the Professional Advisor Leadership Council (PALC) for the Foundation for MetroWest; is on the Marketing, Memberships, and Programming Board for the UHNW Institute (UHNWInstitute.org); sits on the board of the Agamenticus Yacht Club in York, Maine; and is an active member of the Hunnewell Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization. In her spare time, she enjoys writing for local publications and dreams of someday writing a novel. In the meantime, she feels fortunate to work with the wonderful community of peers that is Worthy Circles.
WATCH ON YOUTUBE: