Companion services are available for those in need of daily dedicated therapeutic support. Being available 24/7 and on a live in basis, OPG’s Companion Services provide dedicated support designed for the clients specific needs.
Companions can be utilized long-term to maintain clinical stability in the community or on short term basis (i.e. providing support during a transition period or helping an individual travel to or from treatment). Additionally, Companions are also available to facilitate safe transports for clients.
OPG’s Companions have a range of credentials and experience and all are trained and supervised by OPG’s doctoral and master level clinicians.
Therapeutic/ Sober Companion Services
Available nationally and internationally in a timely manner
Able to fulfill short and long-term assignments
Skilled at navigating high-risk situations and troubleshooting client crises
Knowledgeable professionals with strong abilities in developing therapeutic alliance
Supported by administrative infrastructure to allow for smooth logistical planning, appropriate service coordination and client safety
Trained and supervised closely by OPG clinical team
Collaborative with multidisciplinary teams
Matched to fit a range of client clinical needs, personality profiles and interests.
What a Companion Can Provide
- Creating and maintaining healthy lifestyle routines and practices
- Transporting to and attending relevant clinical, medical and other appointments
- Exposure work
- Medication monitoring
- Yoga and meditation/mindfulness training
- Navigating self-help and other peer support meetings
- Vocational coaching
- Academic support
- Executive functioning skill building
- Community integration and interpersonal skill development
- Time and stress management