High-powered people often make complex and dynamic lives look easy, but they are also the most susceptible to stress or burnout. Demanding or high-profile jobs in fields like finance, law, politics, medicine, or academia create immense pressure to continually perform at a level, taxing the mind and body. Studies show that living at this pace is unhealthy; it leads to exhaustion, anxiety, and even affects performance. If you are overworked or too busy, your well being and productivity may be suffering. You may begin to struggle with balancing your personal and professional obligations and may need assistance in developing a structured, sustainable schedule. If you are in this situation you may want to consider executive coaching.
What is Executive Coaching?
Executive coaching helps individuals assess their long-term career and educational goals, increase their productivity, and optimize their time. An executive coach is an expert in organizing, scheduling, and prioritizing tasks and can help you learn best practices for working to your full potential without burning out. Your coach will work with you to develop a customized plan to balance and enhance your approach towards your career, personal life, goals, and values.
An executive coach may also help you to reset your long-term goals and establish concrete steps to achieve them. These goals may include lifestyle changes that you have previously considered too big address on your own. Your executive coach can help you develop a plan to actualize those changes, as well as offer support and guidance as you begin the process of rebalancing your life.
Is Executive Coaching Right for Me?
Executive coaching by name may sound as though it is intended only for high-level businesspeople, but the service is available for people in many different situations. Anyone who is underperforming due to burnout or stress may benefit from working with an executive coach. Some signs that you or your loved one may be in need of professional help from an executive coach include:
- Decreased ability to focus on tasks
- Loss of interest in social life
- Forgetfulness or poor task management
- Physical symptoms including headaches or lethargy
- Lowered confidence in abilities
- Prioritizing career over important personal events
- Pessimistic outlook
Executive Coaching at OPG
OPG offers customized executive coaching services, with coaches available either in person or remotely (including internationally). Our coaches will facilitate and help to re-establish productive educational and work habits. OPG executive coaches offer both emotional support and accountability to clients as they navigate their way towards more fulfilling vocational futures.
To find out if you are a candidate for our executive coaching services, reach out to us to schedule a consultation. Below you can find a list of the services we are able to provide; feel free to ask us about any of these, or to let our expert staff help you create an individualized plan.
- We will assign one executive coach who you will establish a working relationship with through regular in-person or remote meetings, as well as frequent phone contact.
- We will conduct a thorough review of current education and vocational plans and help fit this to your goals and needs.
- We will discuss past work and education history with you and any applicable parties, including employers, advisors or support team members.
- We can work with you to find resources for vocational pursuits (e.g., employment, educational, or volunteer opportunities) and healthy lifestyle activities (e.g., yoga, academic, outdoor activities, artistic pursuits) in your area.
- We will create a personalized action plan with short and long-term goals, and tracking of progress.
- We help develop executive functioning skills (e.g., support of the initiation and management of tasks, developing the ability to self-monitor).
- We teach sustainable time and stress management techniques (e.g., creating balanced behavioral schedules, supervising difficult tasks, teaching stress management strategies, providing prompts for task completion).
- We assist with completing projects (e.g., family foundation administrative tasks), developing business plans or filling out college/job applications.
- We help implement healthy practices both inside and outside of the client’s professional life with a focus on self-accountability and productivity.
- We can assess whether additional clinical resources (e.g., therapist) are clinically indicated and identify local providers if deemed appropriate.
- We organize and provide weekly updates to key stakeholders, family members, advisors or employers.
- We offer crisis management and after-hours support.
Contact O’Connor Professional Group
If you or your loved one might be in need of any of our services, please don’t hesitate to reach out and schedule a consultation. We are here to help you live a balanced and fulfilling life and learn the right ways for you to manage your time and priorities. When you maximize your skills and your time, you can lead a healthier, happier life. Call us today at 617-221-8764 to get started.