OPG Therapeutic Recovery Companions provide intensive support to a range of individuals. Some individuals may need help maintaining clinical stability in the community, others may be attempting to get into a productive daily routine or transitioning from a structured residential program. Therapeutic Companions may also be used on an ad hoc basis — supporting a professional during an out-of-town business trip, attending a family event with a client worried about known triggers (e.g., alcohol at a wedding), or monitoring someone in a hotel until a residential bed in a facility becomes available.
Our Companions range from individuals with clinical credentials to professionals with experience in residential, outpatient or other settings. In some cases, our Therapeutic Companions support individuals on a long-term basis while they attend to personal matters in the community (e.g., running family business, raising children).
Our Companions are also available to facilitate safe transports for clients. We handle travel logistics and the Therapeutic Companion accompanies the individual through potentially stressful situations, ensuring their safe arrival at the intended destination.
OPG Therapeutic Companions are:
- Available nationally and internationally in a timely manner
- Knowledgeable professionals with strong abilities in developing therapeutic alliances
- Supported by administrative infrastructure to allow for smooth logistical planning, appropriate service coordination, and client safety
- Trained and supervised closely by OPG leadership team
- Collaborative with multidisciplinary teams that may include advisors, lawyers, clinical professionals, family members, or employers
- Matched to t a range of client clinical needs, personality profiles and interests.
- Focused on participating in the therapeutic coaching activities
- Skilled at navigating high-risk situations and troubleshooting client crises
- Able to fulfill short (1–2 days) and long-term assignments (weeks or months)