Brian Cuban is an attorney, author, and mental health awareness and recovery advocate. In this episode, Brian discusses the inspiration behind his recovery advocacy work and what led to his recovery journey. Additionally, Brian explains why it’s essential to have an open dialogue surrounding body dysmorphia and how recovery can lead to acceptance. If you’re starting your journey to recovery, listen as we reveal which first steps you can take. Stay tuned as Brian shares what helped during his recovery journey and dives into his new book, The Ambulance Chaser. You can preorder The Ambulance Chaser now, or order on December 7th, 2021 on Amazon.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:35] About Brian Cuban and the inspiration behind his recovery and advocacy work.
- [05:20] The importance of discussing body dysmorphia and how recovery can lead to acceptance.
- [10:37] Lawyers tend to have a higher rate of substance use; Brian shares his journey with substance use in law school.
- [17:05] Brian’s first steps when he started recovery.
- [19:35] Advice for individuals struggling with recovery or body dysmorphia.
- You should tell the truth to your therapist; it’s an important step in the recovery journey.
- The only prerequisite to recovery is that you are above ground.
- Feeling shame is normal; find a way to deal with the shame.
- There are many different prongs to living your best life that constitutes recovery.
Brian Cuban’s new book, The Ambulance Chaser
Show Notes Page
Brian Cuban is an attorney, author and mental health awareness and recovery advocate. He is the author of the best-selling book, The Addicted Lawyer, Tales of The Bar, Booze Blow & Redemption. His debut thriller novel, The Ambulance Chaser is set for release December 2021.
He has spoken at conferences, non-profit events, colleges and universities across the United States and in Canada. He also writes extensively on these subjects. His columns have appeared on CNN.com, Foxnews.com, The Huffington Post, The New York Times, and in online and print newspapers around the world.
WATCH ON YOUTUBE: