Jim Coutré is responsible for the oversight of Fidelity Family Office Services’ Insights & Connections program. Jim starts the conversation by diving into his responsibilities for the Insights & Connections program, which provides family offices and wealthy families with thought leadership, referrals to industry experts and consultants and access to a peer networking program. Jim then explains that too many family offices are solely focused on financial capital; it’s a lost opportunity. Tune in as we talk about why families need more than financial assistance and the importance of networking as a family office executive. To explore what Jim sees as the most essential ideas for families and their family offices, check out Fidelity Insight Explorer: https://insightexplorer.fidelity.com/home
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:30] All about the Fidelity Family Office Services’ Insights & Connections program.
- [04:20] What type of financial issues wealthy families are having during the pandemic.
- [11:30] There are too many family offices that are solely focused on financial capital; it’s a lost opportunity.
- [21:05] Professionals need a peer network; being a family office executive can be lonely.
- People tend to admire wealthy people, but at the same time, wealthy people are widely despised.
- Families of affluence have had the opportunity to avoid what many people experienced during the pandemic.
- Being within the spotlight can lead to a persistent feeling to prove that you are not worthy of wealth.
- Many people with wealth carry around a sense of shame; the saying ‘more money, more problems’ is true.
Family Office Services
Fidelity Insight Explorer
Jim Coutré, Vice President, Insights and Connections. Jim Coutré is responsible for the oversight of Fidelity Family Office Services’ Insights & Connections program, which provides families and family office executives with perspective and problem-solving across a wide range of office matters and family matters.
WATCH ON YOUTUBE: