Tsitsi Mutendi is Founder and Lead Consultant at Nhaka Legacy Planning. We begin with Tsitsi discussing the inspiration behind her business, and she delves into her work managing conflict between generations. When it comes to managing conflict, some things in life are inevitable; we cannot avoid them. We discuss the importance of transitioning when it comes to legacy planning and Tsitsi reveals how the pandemic has impacted her work. Tune in for Tsitsi’s advice to teach your children about resilience and how you can find motivation if you’re starting over in your business.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- [01:40] Tsitsi discusses the inspiration behind her business, Nhaka Legacy Planning. Additionally, she speaks about managing conflict between generations.
- [09:15] Some things in life are inevitable; we cannot avoid them. We discuss the importance of transitioning when it comes to legacy planning.
- [13:50] Tsitsi reveals how the pandemic has impacted her work and how she has sustained her business during an uncertain and difficult time.
- [17:20] Tsitsi gives advice on teaching your children about resilience and how you can find motivation if you’re starting over in business.
- You have to understand that, at some point, the person who did not exist started to exist, and you started transitioning them from birth.
- At each point in time that the generations exist, the issues that impact them are different.
- The role of an advisor is to make everyone’s needs transparent.
- The pandemic has taught us to be more mindful.
Podcast: Enterprising Families
TSITSI MUTENDI FAMILY BUSINESS AND FAMILY OFFICE ADVISOR
Tsitsi is Founder and Lead Consultant at Nhaka Legacy Planning. She is also Co-Founder at African Family Firms (A non profit Africa Family Business Association) Tsitsi Mutendi is a well-versed, award winning business woman with over 12 years experience building her own successful publishing and education businesses, during this time Tsitsi developed a passion to assist family businesses build multi-generational businesses which translate into multigenerational legacies.
Tsitsi is recognised globally for her business acumen and world class delivery. Through various board appointments in numerous industries, Tsitsi has had exposure to many global business development strategies especially in Africa. Today, Tsitsi is the founder and owner of Nhaka Legacy Planning which she formed in 2018.
Her main focus is on working with Individuals, Family Businesses and Families of wealth in Family Governance and Family governance tools as well as working with Family Offices to create relevance between Family and Office. Her other expertise includes; family communication coaching, family & business strategic planning, succession planning, business continuity strategies, setting up family governance tools such as Family Constitution, Family Council and Family Assemblies, coaching and mentoring.
Tsitsi has a certificate in Family Business Advisory and Family Wealth Advisory through the global Family Business Education Network, Family Firms Institute.Her passion for family business has awarded her the opportunity to be an international speaker and author on the subject, particularly on family governance and business continuity. Tsitsi has a weekly podcast called Enterprising Families that focuses towards discussing issues that affect Families Enterprises and family businesses to manage better their journeys as families in business and issues that are of interest to them.Tsitsi has three children aged between 9 and 3. She also owns and runs a successful group of Montessori Primary Schools.
WATCH ON YOUTUBE: